Our Online Courses
Our Premium Online Course
Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, & the Body
Yoga, Mindfulness, Neuroscience, & the Body
How can we transform our practice from one which makes us feel good for a short while to one that is unequivocally life-changing?
In this innovative course, Bo offers a new alternative to the modern medical paradigms of problem-based, protocol-focused healing. She offers a step-by-step method for well-being in the mind, brain, and body.
This integrative course isn’t limited to the yoga tradition, but also draws from mindfulness, neuroscience, psychology, the body, movement studies, and contemplative practice – fields previously thought to be different which we learn are interrelated and interdependent. We’ll also address some of the “hard questions” of transformation: for example, what does it mean to apply the principles of contemplative practice and the new science of change to real-life situations? What does embodied awareness look like in the difficult, yet pivotal moments of our lives?
- An updated look at neuroplasticity, the science of change, and its implications for mind, brain, and body health
- Mindfulness and movement: what the science says and how to blend the two
- The enteric nervous system, or gut microbiome, and its influence on mood and immunity
- The relationship between posture, breath, and mood, and the role of self-bodywork in changing postural patterns
- The surprising new science of chronic pain, and its revolutionary implications for mind-body re-integration
- The connective tissue matrix and its link to health & well-being
- The power of the mind, including the neural networks that give rise to anxiety, depression, and chronic pain
- Emotional contagion: what it means to be an empath, and practices that help instill boundaries and emotional immunity
- How relaxation is a dynamic practice: why Restorative Yoga works, and how to incorporate it into your practice
- Four extended asana practices that apply science and philosophy into effective, easy-to-integrate methods on the mat, meditation cushion, and everyday life
- A “Teacher’s Corner” that deconstructs Bo’s use of language and interventions with course participants
With this course you receive:
- 16 downloadable videos between 90 and 120 minutes
- class transcripts
- five-question quizzes
- a CE certificate for yoga teaching, yoga therapy, or psychology
Yoga for Emotional Balance
Do you have a mental grasp of your problems, yet find it difficult to change? A Grand Canyon-sized gap between knowing what to do and actually doing it, between mental insight and the real-life experience of change. What causes this gap, and what can we do to narrow it?
Anxiety and depression (and mixtures of the two) aren’t simply genetic or biochemical. They’re patterns in the mind, brain, and body relationship. Drawing from her decades of experience in the traditions of yoga, mindfulness, and psychology, Bo offers us a new look at what causes our suffering, and what we can do to alleviate it.
Yoga for Emotional Balance offers powerful, portable, and easy-to-use tools that change the infrastructure of anxiety and depression and foster emotional well-being. You will experience Bo’s unique toolkit of therapeutic practices, including breathing exercises, postural adjustments, mindful asana practice, and restorative poses that help balance your nervous system, quiet your mind, energize your body, regulate your emotions, and create the building blocks for lasting change.
Shake the System: A Biopsychosocial Approach to Depression
When it comes to emotional balance, we have a wealth of tools at our fingertips: Psychotherapy. Exercise. Yoga. Medication—or meditation. And yet, we feel worse than ever. But it doesn’t have to be this way. A simple, yet critical shift in our mindset can change how we approach well-being and thus, change our lives in profound ways. Changing our mindset, and doing so in community, begins to build a bridge to working better as a system.
In this course, we’ll explore:
- Our modern mindset on emotional health
- Where “mental health” happens (the brain’s default mode network, how it controls us, and how we can get better control over it)
- Intelligent systems of the body (belly brain, nervous system, connective tissue matrix) and how to access them
- Well-being as a systems issue (what this means, and what we can do about it)systems issue (what this means, and what we can do about it)
Practical tools to “shake the system” you’re in
The Masterclass Series ~ NEW!
Short and sweet but packed with powerful insights, each Masterclass explores a key factor in the science, psychology, and social context of well-being.
- The science and practice of mindful & embodied movement
- Balancing anxiety & building mind-brain-body resilience
- Engaging with grief & depression in a rapidly changing world
- Gut Wisdom: the amazing power of our enteric nervous system
- How to sleep well: the science of getting good rest
- The science, psychology, and social context of body image
- Seasonal affective disorder: what it is and how to work with it
- Trauma, embodiment, & resilience
- The role of inflammation in mental illness
- An empath’s guide to balance, boundaries, & embodiment
- The Productivity Paradox: a guide to self-care and integration
- Mind Games: the inflammatory effects of projective identification
- Embodiment: how sensory intelligence creates better relationships
- The surprising new science of chronic pain
Classes last 2 – 2.5 hours, and the video and audio are yours to download and keep. Classes come with:
- downloadable video
- a five-question quiz
- a PDF of the PowerPoint presentation
- a CE certificate for Yoga Alliance or IAYT
Teaching is my passion.
I am a hunter-gatherer of knowledge and wisdom. My work integrates science, psychology, movement studies, connective tissue research, contemplative practice, and social and gender justice.
Teaching and writing are my happy place. I’ve created talks, keynotes, continuing education seminars, and workshops for elite sports teams, corporations, and nonprofits as well as clinical group practices, psychologists, yoga teachers, and yoga therapists.
For each of my offerings, I do the work of integrating emerging and seemingly disparate fields of study, diving into primary sources and professional interviews so you can spend your time applying this wisdom to your life- and the lives of those you teach, heal, parent, work alongside, and love.
I look forward to connecting with you!